It’s been a wild ride for the tourism industry over the last few months but we are pleased to see our bookings pick up with the restrictions easing across Queensland.
If your overseas or interstate trip has been cancelled, then it might be time to consider a little getaway at Kirra Beach to enjoy this perfect Queensland weather over the next few months.
So let’s see what’s coming up and how we, here at Iconic Kirra Beach Resort, are keeping our guests and staff safe.
September School Holidays: 19th September – 11th October 2020
The southern end of the Gold Coast has endless activities and things to do with the kids. Here are just a few of my favourites:
- Surf lessons: A great way to entertain the kids for a couple of hours while you relax on the beach! There are plenty of surf schools to choose from around the Coolangatta and Currumbin area such as Walkin’ On Water.
- Have a picnic at Tallebudgera or Currumbin Creek: The creek is a great place for a family day and for the kids to swim. It’s a popular place for Stand up Paddling too.
- Take a walk in nature at the Currumbin Rockpools and even swim under the waterfalls at the Mt Coogal section of Springbrook National Park.
- Whale Watching: The best time to catch the migration is from June to October. You might be able to spot them from the shore, but it’s much more exciting to see them up close on a boat tour.
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: Visit one of the Gold Coast’s most popular tourist destinations. Not only is it a great day out and educational for the kids, but you’ll be supporting one of the world leaders in conservation too.
- Have a BBQ at the stunning Kirra Hill Lookout: There are shaded areas and BBQs available with one of the best views on the Gold Coast!
Make sure that you see us at the front desk before making any bookings as we have regular specials for our guests!
The Coolangatta Gold: 24th & 25th October 2020
The Coolangatta Gold is one of the most challenging endurance races in surf sports. The iconic event is held at Coolangatta Beach, Queensland (not to be confused with the Coolangatta in NSW!)
Individuals and teams compete in both a Short Course that stretches 21 kilometres and a Long Course which is 41.8 kilometres along the stunning beaches from Coolangatta to Broadbeach.
Due to COVID restrictions, there is a chance that it won’t be able to go ahead, but keep an eye on the website for updates.
Booking from Interstate?
We’ve got you covered. If restrictions are put into place at the time of your booking with us, we will give you a full refund.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
At Iconic Kirra Beach Resort, we are taking our standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. All of our staff members have completed the Australian Government, Department of Health Infection Control Training – Covid-19. Extra cleaning measures are undertaken regularly including:
- Apartments are cleaned thoroughly with extra attention to TV remote controls, light switches, fan controls and other touchpoints.
- Common areas are cleaned both mornings and afternoons to ensure high levels of hygiene (including lift buttons, door handles, trolleys etc).
All of us here at Iconic hope you and your family are safe and well and we hope to see you in sunny Kirra soon.